Re: Default Gnome theme

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007, Indraveni wrote:
> And when I manually tried to execute the  update-gconf-defaults
> command from the shell prompt, it dint show any affect in my themes
> i.e it dint execute the 20_bossblue file under the
> /usr/share/gconf/defaults/.  I think there is something that I am
> missing.

 Files in /usr/share/gconf/defaults/ are compiled into
 /var/lib/gconf/debian.defaults by update-gconf-defaults; you can double
 check whether this update happened.

 /var/lib/gconf/debian.defaults is referenced in the gconf path, see
 /etc/gconf/2/path.

 Check whether the GConf settings are in effect with gconf-editor or
 gconftool from your GNOME session.

--
Loïc Minier