Re: Default Gnome theme

Hi,

  I understood the method of dh_gconf, and as per the procedure, when I installed my new theme after adding the gconf_defaults and calling it from the rules file, there is a file created under the  /usr/share/gconf/defaults/ with the name 20_bossblue (bossblue is my theme name), but this has to get executed through the command  update-gconf-defaults, through the postinst script. But I am not knowing the method how to write in the postinst script.

And when I manually tried to execute the  update-gconf-defaults command from the shell prompt, it dint show any affect in my themes i.e it dint execute the 20_bossblue file under the /usr/share/gconf/defaults/.  I think there is something that I am missing.

Please let me know, what I missed or when I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards
Indraveni

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
Le jeudi 26 avril 2007 à 06:35 +0100, Indraveni a écrit :
> 1) Am I following the correct procedure?

No. I have already explained to you the correct procedure, several
times. You have to use dh_gconf if you don't want to break everything.
The gconf-defaults files were introduced for *exactly* this kind of
needs.

If you still have trouble making it work, you should ask more explicit
questions, rather than saying "it doesn't work". If you have really no
idea of what's happening, you should put your work on a public place and
ask for help.

> 2) If I edit the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory file alone, then will
> it be helpful?

No.

--
.''`.