Re: Why is gnome binded to eth1?

Hi Sjoerd,

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 22:52 +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 10:29:59PM +0200, Amir Tabatabaei wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when I use the wireless connection (eth1) on my laptop, everything works
> > fine. But when I use the wired connection (eth0) some gnome programs
> > like evolution and epiphany start in offline-mode and have to been
> > switched to online-mode manually.
> >
> > Is there any reason for this and how can I make them all work with both
> > NICs?
>
> How do you switch to eth0 ? Do you use network-manager for just wireless maybe
> ?

Nice, that was the solution. I always used nm for wireless connections
and disabled the control for wired connections. For those I used
ifplugd. After removing ifplugd and enabling wired connections for nm,
everything workes fine with the addition that I don't have the main
problem anymore.

Thx a lot!
Amir