Re: Addition of Alan Baghumian to pkg-gnome (alanbach-guest)

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:26:19PM +0350, Alan Baghumian wrote:
> > I'm a bit surprized to discover such a pool of GNOME packages in
> > another alioth project; out of curiosity, what changes do you need
> >to do in these packages and how do you keep in sync?
>
> You know, it's a bit hard and time-consuming work. These pool is for
> Parsix GNU/Linux that uses Debian testing branch as base. Latest GNOME
> packages are rarely available in testing branch, so we get packages
> from experimental and maintain in our pool, adding debian and our oun
> patches. We have a small watch system: http://watch.parsix.org

I've had a quick look in your svn repo.. Now my sample rate wasn't too big.

It seems that most things just are the normal debian version from either
testing/unstable/experimental, with a changelog entry to build for parsix.
Which i guess i relatively automatic :)

Some packages are updated to newer version then we currently have in
pkg-gnome's svn (gnome-panel for example). Which should hopefully be fixed
quite soon now the 2.18 transition is nicely coming along (Your help here is
ofcourse always appreciated :)..  Do you also plan to track development gnome
releases or just stable releases ?

Then there are some things that have parsix specific patches. Mostly branding i
guess (theme and default settings etc)? Are there other types of patches you
do on top of debian's gnome ?

Anyway, welcome to the team!! Hopefully we can (with your help) keep the
difference between parsix's gnome and debian's gnome to a minimal :)

  Sjoerd
--
Getting there is only half as far as getting there and back.