Addition of Alan Baghumian to pkg-gnome (alanbach-guest)

[ Cc:ing debian-gtk-gnome to introduce you. ]

        Hi,

 Welcome on pkg-gnome, Alan!

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007, Alan Baghumian wrote:
> 1) I like to maintain some packages (You can offer me or I'll suggest),

 You can either help randomly on pkg-gnome packages by
 triaging/forwarding/diagnosing bugs, testing patches (perhaps from
 upstream), committing fixes/patches/changes in the SVN.  If unsure
 about anything, please ask.

 Or you can adopt some particular packages and act as principal
 maintainer.  The packages up for adoption are basically those with
 pkg-gnome in the Maintainer field or where the maintainer did not
 do any of the uploads in the last 6 months.

> and also package some gnome related packages those are not in Debian yet
> (Joey Shultz suggested some Ubuntu artwork related packages some months
> ago).

 Hmm ok.  It's hard to tell which packages should or should not go in
 pkg-gnome, but I tend to encourage gnome.org stuff or
 build-dependencies thereof to be added to pkg-gnome, and I tend to
 discourage other packages from being added, but it varies on a case by
 case basis.  There are already a lot of modules in there, but it's
 really a nice thing to have similar packages under the same umbrella.

> 2) I already maintain pkg-parsix project at Alioth,
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-parsix, You can see a ~full copy of GNOME
> customized for Parsix GNU/Linux there. I get packages from Debian and
> apply our specific patches on it and maintain on
> http://parsix.org/packages/pool/

 I'm a bit surprized to discover such a pool of GNOME packages in
 another alioth project; out of curiosity, what changes do you need to
 do in these packages and how do you keep in sync?

> 3) I work with devscripts and build packages over SVN, I think that you
> are doing the same.

 Yep.

> 4) I'm fully familiar with generating patches against packages and related
> Debian tools (dpatch, cdbs's simple patch system)

 Fine; there's some quilt too.

> 5) I've registered to become an official Debian developer:
> https://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php (Waiting for Application manager)

 Perfect.

> 6) I'm a C/C++/PHP programmer too. My favorite library is wxGTK.

 Ahhhh C++ and wxGTK => you're disqualified!  Hmm, just kidding.

 The SVN permissions will need a little time to propagate.  You can hang
 on #gnome-debian on GIMPNet for coordination.

    Bye,
--
Loïc Minier