Re: Let's (hopefully not) break unstable

Alex Malinovich <alex@malinovich.name> writes:

[...]

> That would be much appreciated. The last few months have felt like Etch
> was stable and Sid was testing.

In fact, sid felt like stable-proposed-updates, rather than testing...

> I for one am anxiously awaiting getting back up to date with a lot
> of things including Gnome.

I very much agree, even though, having tested GNOME 2.18 on Ubuntu
Feisty, I don't expect any exciting improvements compared to 2.16,
which was available in Experimental. In fact, the most significant new
feature seems to be tomboy's ability to handle bulletpoints (In fact,
I've been eagerly awaiting this ever since I filed a bug about it.).

Apart from that, the fact that seahorse is now offically a part of
GNOME makes no practical difference and I cannot recall any other
significant improvements. In fact, many components have no or no
notable entries in their NEWS files.

Thanks,

Johannes

--