Re: OT: GNOME development on Debian?

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 23:20:52 +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
>On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 22:14 +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> I've just ended up in the situation where I need to look at some problem
>> with an epiphany plugin in GNOME 2.18  and I find that doing so under
>> Debian could require rather a lot of system tweaks and compilation (even
>> on a Sid system).
>
>epiphany-browser 2.18.0-1 is already available in experimental.

Oh, wasn't aware of that.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Does this mean
the plan for GNOME in Debian is to jump ahead to 2.18 right away?

This does solve my immediate problem, but I'm still curious of how GNOME
development on Debian is made as easy as possible.  Are there any tricks
to tracking SVN (e.g. through jhbuild) while still keeping the "stable"
Sid packages around?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus