Re: RFC: gnome-dbg

Le jeudi 01 mars 2007 à 12:24 +0100, Xavier Bestel a écrit :
> 	3. Have a central repository with debug infos for each debian
> 	   packages, and make bug-buddy download only what's necessary
> 	   to decorate the stack trace. Simpler than 1. (no package
> 	   install, so no messing with system as root) but still needs
> 	   a download.

While suggesting #2 I didn't think of necessarily installing the
downloaded packages. You might as well do the same.

The problem with that central repository (and it also arises with the
automated .ddeb installation) is that we can't be sure the repository
contains the debugging information for the same version of the package.

--
 .''`.