Re: Re: GNOME 2.16 in Experimental

Hi Remco,

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:59 +0100, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Would it be possible for people having compiled them themselves to NMU
> > the packages ?
>
> I don't want to NMU the packages, as I have not thoroughly checked
> them, but maybe the packages at the following location are of any help:
> http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/~remco/deb/

With your packages installed, libvte4 conflicts with libvte-common
1:0.14.1-1 (it needs 1:0.12.2-4), so synaptic can't be installed
(neither can gnome-apt), so gnome can't be installed too.
After looking at dependencies a bit more, it looks like neither gnome-
desktop-environment nor gnome-core can be installed because of several
missing dependencies.

Thanks for your help anyway,

	Xav