Re: Etch: About gstreamer and cd reading/extracting

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 18:09 -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> > > The current solution is to install the
> > > gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-0.10.11 from experimental.
>
> Is the bug really fixed there? Btw, if we've a fix and we know (Sven?)
> what the fix is, that's enough isolate the patch and backport it to
> current gstreamer in testing, if the code change isn't too intrusive.

Most users who reported this bug claims that the problems are fixed in
0.10.11. I haven't seen anything in the changelog about changes to the
cdparanoia element, so I'm not sure what the problem really is or what
has changed between the two versions.

Maybe it would be a good idea to contact upstream and see if they can
pinpoint the exact problem and fix?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson