Re: Etch: About gstreamer and cd reading/extracting

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 20:28 +0100, Frédéric Brin wrote:
> This bug was annoying me for a few mounth .. Any gnome CD related
> program can not read a CD... This impacts (at least):
> + sound-juicer
> + gnome-cd
> + bmpx
>
> This is due to a gstreamer bug ..
>
> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=402738
>
> The current solution is to install the
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-0.10.11 from experimental.
>
> The bug is to me a Blocker for the Current Etch.... I really don't
> understand why its severity has been lowered to normal. I mean, what
> will user think of the Debian Desktop, if it can't even read a CD ;)
>
> I really do think (and hope) the 0.10.11 package would be included in
> the etch release.

Hi,

Actually, the severity of these bugs are set to important, but as I
stated in 405479 (one of the reports merged) I'm starting to think that
quite a lot of users are, or will be affected of this bug so maybe the
severity should be raised to "grave"?

I think the reason for not catching this earlier was that most of these
bugs were scattered and filed against the audio player in question
(gnome-media, sound-juicer, etc).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson