Re: Panel breakage in etch

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 12:13 -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 11:44 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Le lundi 01 janvier 2007 à 22:52 -0500, Adam C Powell IV a écrit :
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > My panel menu heading backgrounds (behind the words Applications,
> > > Places, Desktop) and applet backgrounds are full of noise.  Switching
> > > desktops (so the panel is redrawn) doesn't help.  Only switching the
> > > theme helps, and only for a couple of hours, then the noise comes back.
> > >
> > > I just upgraded testing for the first time in three or four days,
> > > noticed a new gnome-session, nautilus and libeel*.  Any ideas on what
> > > might have caused this?
> >
> > There was a panel upgrade in testing, but it is only related to a change
> > in gnome-menus, nothing in the rendering stack.
> >
> > Does it happen with all theme engines?
>
> I've tried Ocean Dream and Mist.  It seems to only happen on one machine
> of my three (I rsync most of my config files among three machines).
> When I get back to that machine tonight I'll test other themes/engines.

Hi again,

Three more sessions didn't show the problem.  Must have been some minor
version incompatibility between etch upgrades somehow, though it was an
odd and disturbing kind of breakage...  Well, thanks again for the reply
and I'll follow up to this thread if it happens again.

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html