Re: Debian support for XDG_MENU_PREFIX under GNOME

On Monday 04 December 2006 21:06, Bastian, Waldo wrote:

> Note that the environment variable doesn't need to control the behavior of
> the desktop environment, it should merily inform applications about the
> prefix that's used for the current session.

Just to make sure I understand correctly: the desktop environment actually
doesn't have to use the configured prefix, but instead it should set it in
case it has a hardcoded or otherwise configured one?

Because in this case we should probably fix my upstream patches and make sure
Debian's startkde sets the variable correctly.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring