Re: Using gconftool-2 for another user...

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006, David BERCOT wrote:
> I'd like to set values in gconf tree, from the root account to another
> account...

 Either set "--config-source" to the home dir (/home/$user/.gconf, see
 /etc/gconf/2/path) and run gconftool as root, then chown+chmod the
 files; or simply "su - $user" and run gconftool.

 If you wish to set settings for all users, you should write them as
 root into /etc/gconf instead, see /etc/gconf/2/path.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
  "You see, killbots have a preset kill limit.  Knowing their weakness,