Re: Bug triage questions

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> * What do I do about bugs open against versions in Sarge, but fixed in
> Sid? AFAIK, packages in Sarge won't get updated, save for security
> patches?

 I think the stable upload policy might permit some particular bugs to
 be closed, especially if the bug is very annoying, or very important
 and the fix relatively simple and has an attached patch.  Use your
 judgment.

 If you'd like to "queue" some particular stable uploads, perhaps you
 might usertag them with an appropriate tag, and someone (perhaps me)
 should go upload them.  I currently lack the time to triage bugs and/or
 patches for stable uploads, but I would have time to go over a triaged
 list and do the actual proofreading and uploading I guess.

 In all cases, as Josselin said, you can close the bug with the
 appropriate version of the package.

> * What do I do about bugs open against packages in woody?
> For example: 306321 and 280680, are upgrades from woody supported any
> longer?

 I'm not sure I'm interested in uploads for "oldstable", I doubt anyone
 uses GNOME there, and I'm not even sure we may still upload therein.
 The same bug closures rules apply IMO.

 Thanks for your work, I appreciate it too!

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>