Re: Full Disk (or Disk Space) Notification ?

Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 06:15:45PM +0100, ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es wrote:
> > Luis M wrote:
> > > This is now done by Gnome 2.13. But I don't think there is a Debian
> > > package for that yet. The new release of Ubuntu (Dapper) will have it
> > > on (to be released this March).
> > >
> > > I'm using that now with the Xgl server enabled as well as other
> > > wonderful things ...
> >
> > I don't care too much about Xgl server.
> > For me usability and productivity goes first, rather that eye candy.
> >
> > > You might see that in Debian next year, when the next stable release
> > > is completed.
> >
> > So, If I want this feature either I move to Ubuntu or I start compiling
> > my own GNOME 2.13 Debian packages, right?
>
> Gnome 2.13/2.14 should enter Debian experimental quite soon (can't give an ETA
> though), unstable hopefully shortly after the release and testing some time
> after that.

What about using:
http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/
for keeping meanwhile the new packages?

There are totally deprecated stuff there that should be removed anyway
to prevent any confusion.

> If you only want to run Debian stable, you should indeed wait for the next
> release or switch to something else... Compiling on Debian stable is probably
> not something you want to do, because it's a lot more then just gnome :)

I'm using unstable and experimental because I like to report and fix bugs.

Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra; Seguro, Rápido, Fiable.