Re: Nautilus network browswer couldn't display "smb:///"

Hello..

Please install this package via APT: samba-gtk-frontends

Then you'll be able to browse network via Nautilus..

Have fun..

Mark Hannon yazmış:

Hello,

I am running Etch with Gnome 2.12 and can no longer browse windows shares in my local lan. When clicking through the "Network" then "Windows Network" I get the error message: Couldn't display "smb:///".

When I try to connect to a nework share with nautilus I get a message such as: "smb://home.lan%3Bmark@putte/site" is not a valid location.

Samba browsing is working from other tools, with smbclient I can connect to shares and browse the network. With smb4k I can browse and mount shares, with smbfs I can mount shares.

Any ideas as to how I could debug this issue?

Regards/mark

begin:vcard
fn:Alper KANAT
n:KANAT;Alper
adr;quoted-printable:;;;Istanbul;;;T=C3=BCrkiye
email;internet:tunix@raptiye.org
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://raptiye.org
version:2.1