Re: CD playing under GNOME - disappointing

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:40:42AM +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> You've guessed it, it looks like the audio output of your CD player
> isn't wired to your soundcard in you PC case

It is.

>, or that the volume of the
> CD input is muted (check you mixer settings).

It is not. As I said, workbone plays the CD nicely.

> What's "the good old workbone" ?

apt-cache show workbone. It's true that the last upstream release was
more than 7 years ago, but it is still one of the best CD players :-)

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences,
     Laboratory of Parallel and Distributed Systems
     Address   : H-1132 Budapest Victor Hugo u. 18-22. Hungary
     Phone/Fax : +36 1 329-78-64 (secretary)
     W3        : http://www.lpds.sztaki.hu