Re: Gnome 2.12

On 10/8/05, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
<snip>
The reason why we didn't answer yet is because we don't know ourselves.
There has been a rush of work to stabilize GNOME 2.10 and get it into
sarge, and we're now taking a break. I'm starting to work on GNOME 2.12
now, and I guess other members of the team will soon be doing the same,
so you can expect things to move, but we really can't give you a
timeline.

Did you really mean Sarge? Or perhaps "Testing" (Etch)?

I really don't see the point on getting Gnome 2.10 into Sarge (officially). Since 2.8 is good enough and those who want something else can always re-compile software themselves. (or use backported packages by somebody else). I'm hoping that was just a thinko from your part and work on getting Gnome 2.12 packages is on the way.

I would love to help you guys packaging gnome 2.12. But i have yet to be able to successfully compile packages from svn and there is NO complete documentation anywhere (please don't point to that pkg-gnome /usr/share/doc/*/README stuff that doesn't really help. if you really need help, more care should be put in documenting how pkg-gnome is used from Alioth to build .deb's).

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html