Re: Gnome 2.12 -- things you can do to help

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005, Dave Loftis wrote:
> Might I be able to help in this manner.  I could happily host a wiki or help
> build some of the outward-facing documentation, stuff that the community will
> generally appreciate.  I can even work within our existing framework to do
> this.

 Debian has a wiki already (even two :).

 Things you can do to help:
 - look at bugs in packages from the pkg-gnome team that are severuty >=
   important: probably all >= serious need to be listed and addressed, some
   important bugs might be nice to fix
 - look at packages in the pkg-gnome SVN repository and check whether
   some things were not uploaded and are worth uploading
 - compare experimental and unstable packages in the pkg-gnome SVN
   repository
 - look at other GNOME packages' >= important bugs, either because these
   are desktop or fifth toe packages not handled by pkg-gnome, or
   because these are integrated in GNOME (eg galeon is not officially a
   part of GNOME)
 - compare the versions of packages from pkg-gnome and other GNOME
   packages between unstable and testing, and check whether they're in
   sync and if not why not: a FTBFS is a serious bug, but the reason
   could be an ongoing transition such as the flac / arts / qt-x11
   transitions
 - in general, bug triage to sort things fixed already

 Whatever you find out, you can report here, in a "meta" bug against
 gnome, or on a wiki page, but of course it's best if you directly
 resolve issues instead of reporting them.  :)

   Cheers,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>