Re: Gnome 2.12

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Dave Loftis wrote:

> As to the command: Is an aptitude command the same as apt-get, if so, is
> there an equiv to apt-cache search which will give me the -t switch. Never
> mind. Man will tell me.

I'm not sure what you're asking here, but you can try:
apt-cache policy $somepackage

> Anyway. Thank everyone for the answers. If there is anyplace in the bug
> tracking system that I need to make notes, please let me know, and I shall
> attempt to break 2.12 by doing seemingly dumb things.
>
> Regard,
>
> dave

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."