Re: weird keyboard problem

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 12:24 +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> On 10/7/05, Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I've a weird keyboard problem in GNOME 2.10 from sid. Haven't filed a
> > bug because I can't reproduce it in a new user account. Basically, the
> > enter, b, n and a few other keys on the keyboard don't work (normal
> > 104-key). KDE/X/twm/console work fine. I can work around it by changing
> > the layout or layout options in the keyboard prefs thing to something
> > else and then back to normal, but it would be nice not to have to do
> > this every time I login.
> >
> > Does anyone have any tips for investigating why this is?
> >

> Do you use some display manager (XDM, GDM, KDM)? With GDM i know
> you can select a language for the session, and IIRC this is related to
> the keymap.

Did you define (unvoluntarily, unconsciously, ...) these keys as
shortcuts? (Check the gnome keyboard settings)
But then again, this shouldn't go away by changing the layout...
just an idea.

cheers,
Hp.

--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
	[There is no great genius without some touch of madness.]
		-- Seneca