Re: Gnome 2.12

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 11:29:54AM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> Le vendredi 07 octobre 2005 à 11:04 +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> > > As usual in Debian, it will be ready when it will be ready, no promise,
> > > but if you want it to happen sooner, you still are welcome to help
> > > (testing, debugging, patching, ...).
> >
> > Yeah, i have some doubts about the helpfullness of this philosophy, but hey,
> > we will see.
> Do we have the best OS on Earth, yes or no? :-D
> So, what would you expect further? ;-)
> I know we could do better, but it all depends on our hands, and I
> personally like that.

Well, i think some kind of status document, not showing individual packages
but some vague global estimation and mention of particular problematic issues
posted somewhere and where we can point people to would be more helpfull than
the "see the previous thread about this". Maybe a bits from the gnome team and
some 2.12 estimations or something to d-d-a ?

But i think that the "it will be ready when its ready, someday maybe" kind of
response is more than not-helpfull, it is also detrimental and most
infuriating (err, however one writes that :).

> > There are 2.12 packages in experimental though, right ?
> Yes, but I'm not sure they all work perfectly (and together) yet.

He, ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther