Re: Update on GNOME 2.10 schedule

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 08:34:30PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 18:00 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > BTW, is evince really the way to go ? It is lacking a lot in usability over
> > gpdf (broken go-to-page, extremely slow to open documents, cannot read some
> > fonts). but then this is maybe just me, or a fixed version is available in
> > 2.12. I didn't file bug reports about those issues yet though, should i ?
>
> The Evince in 2.12 is *vastly* superior, the 2.10 Evince was very much
> work in progress.  Give it a go, it's quite something.

Yeah, except that we have not yet uploaded 2.12 stuff to unstable, so saying
2.12 evince is vastly superior is no real help in the general case.

It is for stuff like this that forgetting about 2.10 and starting packaging
2.12 in unstable seems like a good idea. Not sure if you can upload only 2.12
evince independent of the rest of 2.12, which would be a neat solution.