Re: Why I got such message,The following packages cannot be authenticated?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:54:28PM +0200, Amaya wrote:
> Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > You upgraded apt-get to 0.6.x which now has signed deb uploads. As we
> > don't sign debs yet, you get a warning.
>
> Would importing the gpg keys help at all?
> Guess not, right?

If the deb come from debian/sid it will. Apt-0.6 works by checking the
Release file signature and not individual packages. The release files
are signed since some time now. One common pitfall is that after the
install of apt-0.6 a "apt-get update" needs to be performed so that
the Release.gpg files are fetched from the archive (apt-0.5 didn't do
this).

Actually a fresh install of apt-0.6 (or a upgrade from 0.5) should
install the debian archive keys from 2004,2005 in
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.

Cheers,
 Michael