Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le samedi 25 juin 2005 à 14:57 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
>> * capplets
>> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, gnome-desktop-data, gnome-icon-theme (>= 1.2.3-1), capplets-data (= ${Source-Version}), xlibs, desktop-file-utils
>>
>> * gnome-control-center
>> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, capplets (= ${Source-Version}), gnome-menus
>> Recommends: gnome2-user-guide

Theses changes are fine for me.

> It was also suggested to remove capplets and put everything back into
> gnome-control-center. Arnaud, would you agree with such a change?

Sorry but I don't. The split has a meaning. g-c-c is like the viewer and
the capplets the contents (eg you may also use the gnome-panel to see/use
the capplets). The problem is only is the dependencies.

Unfortunately, as
http://incoming.debian.org/control-center_2.10.1-4_i386.changes shows,
you have uploaded without waiting for my answer (Please, don't say
something like 'you should have answered sooner' as I was without any
internet link for the whole week-end until this afternoon). Moreover,
looking at the build-date of the package (Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005
19:11:37 +0200), I don't know what I should think about this mail :(

I'm _really_ sorry to play the bad guy but imho this time I have to....

Regards,
Arnaud