Re: Bloated "System" menu in G 2.10

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:07:06PM +0200, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> can anyone tell me, where the "System" menu in Gnome's top panel is
> configured? I understand it /should/ contain the following entries:
>
> - Settings
> - System settings
> - Screenshot
> - Help
> - Log off
> - Lock screen.

And, probablu (seing mine):
About gnome

> Mine is totally cluttered. Basically everything under the legacy

So is mine.

> location /usr/share/gnome/apps as well as from
> /usr/share/applnk/{Applications,Utilities,Internet,Settings,System}
> appears here. Those desktop files which include a "hidden=true" line,
> populate a submenu entitled ".hidden". So this is what my "System" menu
> looks like:
>
> - Applications

But not the same as the Applications toplevel menu. Mine contains only
Calendar, Addressbook and GnuCash, same as Applications -> Applications

> - Development
Btw, not translated
Contains Glade. Btw, Glade is also in Applications -> Development under
two different names (Glade interface conception and Glade)

> - Edutainment
Contains Science -> Celestia.

> - Settings
Also, but should be here.

> - .hidden # KDE?
Nothing, but KDE is not installed.

> - Internet
Contains only gabber, Pan and Lynx

> - Multimedia
Graphics ? ChBg and GNOME Icon Editor.

> - Settings
I have only one Settings menu item.

> - System settings
Yes. Is ok there.

> - System
Yes. Contains Gnome Terminal

> - Utilities
Contains Find files, Font viewer, Powershell.

> - Windows Applications # From Crossover Office
I do not have Crossover Office.

> - Control Center # KDE
Also not KDE.

> - System settings
I have only one System settings menu item.

> - Screenshot
> - Help
> - Log off
> - Lock screen.

I also have About Gnome.

> Is the "system" menu hard-coded? Or is there anything else that can be
> done to make the bloat go away? Gnome-panel 2.10.1-3 from unstable,
> gnome-menus 2.10.1-2, also.

Anyway, there is a bug there.