Re: Nautilus and gnome-panel crashes renders gnome 2.10 unusable

Le samedi 30 avril 2005 à 21:35 +0300, Vaidotas Zemlys a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After today's upgrade of gnome-utils and downgrade to unstable libc6
> (2.3.2.ds1-21) upon the start of gnome-session nautilus crashes and
> then gnome-panel crashes, tries to restart and crashes again thus
> preventing other programs to start and rendering gnome 2.10 desktop
> totaly unusable. The only fix is to use another desktop enviroment. I
> tried launching nautilus from terminal in xfce but it just freezes and
> does nothing. What could be the cause of such problems, and what
> debugging info I should provide in order to fix this problem?

What if you run nautilus using gdb ? E.g.
gdb /usr/bin/nautilus
gdb> run
[ if it freezes without crashing, type control-C ]
Program received SIGSEGV (or SIGINT, SIGABRT, SIGWHATEVER)
gdb> bt
then post the output of that "bt" command here.