Re: gnome for debian-edu

Josselin Mouette wrote:

Le dimanche 20 mars 2005 à 15:37 +0100, Finn-Arne Johansen a écrit :

But before trying to build the first gnome-based debian-edu-cd I have
one big problem:
bug #296434 - http://bugs.debian.org/296434
I set up Norwegian (I've tried with danish as well), and in the
console and in gdm everything seems to be set up correctly. but when
gnome starts, I get US keyboard.

Can you confirm that the packages available at
http://people.debian.org/~joss/packages/ fix the issue for you as well?

Yes - I tested with a almost clean sarge installation, and it seems to work.
I did an
apt-get install capplets

and it brought with it capplets-data, gnome-control-center, libgstreamer0.8-0 and libfontconfig1
the two later I had to pull from sid.

Any hopes on getting the this packages into sarge any time soon ?