Re: gnome-volume-manager and kernel 2.6.11

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:04:49PM +0100, Patrick Pletscher wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 15.03.2005, 14:26 +0100 schrieb Sjoerd Simons:
> >
> > This is a nautilus/gnome-vfs issue instead of a gnome-volume-manager one. Are
> > you using gamin or fam ?
> >

> This must be my problem. I thought it would be a good idea to test
> together with the new kernel the inotify patch so I could use gamin as a
> replacement for famd. I guess it's too early to replace famd by gamin on
> a debian box??

gamin still has some issuess.. And the one in debian is outdated once again,
it's on my TODO to bug the maintainer about it (hi jdub! :))

> As you seem to know the issue already, which do you regard as the best
> solution at this moment? Reinstall famd and remove gamin? Or are there
> any other solutions?

You can turn off inotify when booting the kernel.. Don't know any other
solutions without using fam instead of gamin.

> Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for the lack of information about
> gamin, the upgrade was so smooth that I almost forgot that it happened.

np

  Sjoerd
--
Xerox never comes up with anything original.