Re: gnome-volume-manager and kernel 2.6.11

Hi Sjoerd,

Thanks a lot for the nearly immediate response.

Am Dienstag, den 15.03.2005, 14:26 +0100 schrieb Sjoerd Simons:

> This is a nautilus/gnome-vfs issue instead of a gnome-volume-manager one. Are
> you using gamin or fam ?

This must be my problem. I thought it would be a good idea to test
together with the new kernel the inotify patch so I could use gamin as a
replacement for famd. I guess it's too early to replace famd by gamin on
a debian box??

As you seem to know the issue already, which do you regard as the best
solution at this moment? Reinstall famd and remove gamin? Or are there
any other solutions?

Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for the lack of information about
gamin, the upgrade was so smooth that I almost forgot that it happened.

Patrick