Sound problem with ESD, ALSA and OSS emulation

I'm running SID, with kernels from the 2.6 branch (updated as they became available) and ALSA with OSS emulation compiled in the kernel, and run Gnome. I have some applications that use OSS /dev/dsp0 (for example Java Firefox plugin or skype). If I leave the "sound daemon" enabled these applications produce no sound (and skype refuses to terminate). If I disable the sound daemon (from the control panel), I can launch a program at a time, but it plays sound regularly.
In my sytem is installed libesd-alsa0 and not libesd0.
It seems that /dev/dsp0 gets locked by any open (and this explains why I can launch a program at a time with OSS interface) but seems also that ESD locks the same interface.
Any suggestion to get all this stuff running together?
	Stefano Salvi