Re: Emacs style keybindings broken in Evolution (#295641)

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 14:51 -0500, Michael R Head wrote:
> Presumably, it's something in gtkhtml. In the past, I used to manually
> change some files in /usr/share/evolution or /usr/share/gtkhtml or
> something to fix the problem, but I have long since forgotten how to do
> that.

I think more recent versions of gtkhtml look at gconf for the
"/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme" key and if set to "Emacs" it
installs Emacs-like bindings. This seems to have stopped working,
however.

Maybe I'll have to play with the key bindings file for now. But would
that be less or more hassle that switching back to Thunderbird, I
wonder? :)

/Mike

--
michael gratton, itinerant geek