Re: debian experimental == ubuntu hoary?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:19:11 +0100, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

>> > Could you explain ?
>>
>> Uh, aren't you getting paid for your work @ubuntu? That were my thoughts
>> :)
>
> Where is the shift of focus in that ? The GNOME packages are maintained in
> the same way in debian they were before.

Not really.

If you mean for the last one or two release, then yes.  Previously Gnome
packages were updated in unstable when the new release came out.

Not as a mega-bundle that landed in experiemental and then hit unstable.

Personally I prefer individual packages being upgraded in unstable.  It
give people the opportunity to discover things like gtk+2.6 not actually
being source compatible with gtk+2.4 earlier.

Cheers,
Anand, "it's called unstable for a reason"