Re: Upload of GNOME 2.8 to unstable

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 12:52:12PM +0100, Fabrice LORRAIN (home) wrote:
> This is wrong. Debian IS stable. The current debian users are the one
> using woody. People using experimental are in limbo. The ones using sid
> are alpha-testers. The ones using sarge are beta-testers. If DDs ever
> forget that, Debian is dead because it has nothing better to propose
> than knoppix*, mepis* and all the forks out there.
> My own experience shows that {limbo,beta,alpha}-users are a minority, a
> usfull and vocal one, but a minority non the less.

I have to disagree somewhat with that. It may be true at the start of the
development cycle, but when stables approaches a 3 year age, and we start
making noises about releasing sarge since over a year, more and more people
start considering sarge or even sid as debian. And since stable is out of the
developers hand anyway, once the release is done, there is not much help in
considering stable as debian.

Friendly,

Sven Luther