Re: strange nautilus eject problem

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:53:54 -0500, Charles Henderson wrote:

>>Questions:
>>	kernel version? 2.6.x?
>>	is ide-scsi being used?
>>
>>I believe there is problem with 2.6.9* kernel and ide-scsi and the CDROM
>>eject ioctl.
>

> I am running 2.6.7.  Further, 'eject' works PERFECTLY FINE from command
> line.  Wouldn't the problem exist there as well?

Well since you neglected to mention much in the way of useful information
in your original email - a problem with your kernel version seemed
possible.

In your original email you asked if anyone else was having the same issue.

I'm also using 2.6.7 (and 2.6.8.1) as well as nautilus 2.8 (from
experimental and, on another machine, my own compiled version). Neither
machine, kernel version, nor nautilus combinations exhibit the same
problem.

As I said above 2.6.9* has a problem; so 2.6.7 should be okay. I note
YOUR TONE is indignant; it's clear to me that I can't help you.

Good luck.

Anand

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux