Re: strange nautilus eject problem

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:33:02 -0500, Charles Henderson wrote:

>   Is anyone else having a problem ejecting CDs with nautilus 2.8.x?
> When I right click on the drive and select eject, it unmounts but does
> not eject.  I can use eject from the command line and the CD ejects
> fine.  Any ideas?

Questions:
	kernel version? 2.6.x?
	is ide-scsi being used?

I believe there is problem with 2.6.9* kernel and ide-scsi and the CDROM
eject ioctl.

If you can, perform an strace on both 'eject' and 'nautilus' then search
for your cdrom drive and the following IOCTL.

Cheers,
Anand

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux