Re: gnome 2.8 in unstable

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 17:55:33 +0100, Sam Morris wrote:
> John McCutchan wrote:
> >So let's not let that hold gnome 2.8 hostage in experimental.
>
> Then the KDE people will want KDE in Unstable, by which time Gnome 2.10
> will be out...

That's not necessarily a problem. Moving G2.8 into unstable does not mean we
have to work it into sarge as well. It only makes it more difficult to
update sarge's G2.6 (as we need to go through testing-proposed-updates
then), but not impossible.

> If you are so desperate to do something, grab the RC buglist and send in
> patches!

A big AOL on that.

Ray
--
"The software `wizard' is the single greatest obstacle to computer literacy
since the Mac."