Inconsistent component embedding in browsers

Greetings,

I'm running into an inconsistency in component embedding, and am
wondering how to fix it.  On my laptop, when I click a PDF or postscript
link in galeon or epiphany, it opens gpdf or ggv right in the browser
window.  Cool!  But on my desktop machine, it says it can't display
inline, and asks if I'd like to save or open separately.  Bummer.

[Actually, right now on the laptop it's saying "Couldn't load viewer for
content of type "application/pdf".", but that's a separate matter; it's
trying, and ggv embedding works fine.]

What settings or missing packages might be causing the problem on the
desktop?

TIA,

-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg