Re: Mixer Problem

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:29 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> Ah, cheers. Finally got ALSA working as well :)

Great!

> Too bad this isn't done by default.
>
> >       * add a line to /etc/discover.conf to prevent discover from
> >         installing the equivalent OSS modules

Yeah, alsa-base installs /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/alsa-base to fix
hotplug, but no equivalent mechanism seems to exist for discover1.

After looking into to, it seems that discover (v2) may fix the problem,
but I wonder why discover1 is installed by default. Does anyone know of
any problems using discover (v2) from unstable?

/Mike

--
michael gratton, itinerant geek
blatant self promotion: <http://web.vee.net/>