Re: GDM - Font Size

At Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:35:14 +0200, Andre Schaefer wrote:
> Bruce Park wrote:
> > Hey Deb Users,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how I can set the font size for GDM (both standard
> > and graphical?)
> >
> > I tried searching /etc/gdm/gdm.conf but I got nowhere.
>
> Try to set the dpi resolution of your Xsession, that will affect font sizes.
>
> append
> -dpi 100
> to the command line of [server-Standard] in /etc/gdm/gdm.conf to get
> larger fonts or
> -dpi 75
> to get smaller ones.
>
> You can also compute the real dpi value of your physical display and use
> that. (120 dpi in case of my laptop)
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> * André

Andre,

Thanks for responding.

If I set the dpi to 75, then it'll effect X as a whole, meaning all my applications in graphical mode will be set this way.

When I was first starting out, that's what I used and I quickly realized that with my 17'' LCD, 100dpi was a better solution.

On the other hand, some did mention that the fonts in graphical themes are builtin. They just seem to be too big for my taste.

bp