Re: i love it, cdrecord

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 17:21 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 13:45 +0200, markus hammer wrote:
> > really, why does it allways stop working out of the blue the moment you
> > want to burn a cd quickly ? gotta love those days...
> >
> > is there an ETA on this libburn stuff, i am looking forward to delete
> > cdrecord from my drive using "vi -b" and my delete key. would be neat if
> > there was finally an alternative...
>
> I wouldn't blame your inability to read kernel changelogs on cdrecord.
> Downgrade your kernel to 2.6.7 if you want cdrecord to work as non-root
> again.
>
> Patches to the kernel, cdrecord and other applications are being
> refined.

i guess like good wine, cdrecord needs time. i just came back after my
machine was running the whole day unattended and lo and behold, it works
again. in nautilus-cd-burner-or-how-it-is-called at least. mysteriously
though with the nasty side effects of having the system freeze for 3-4
seconds sometimes during the image creation.  well it was just some mp3
files anyway :), but damn i would have loved listening to some of my
music at work, well --- tomorrow is another day.

still i dont have a clue why the cd drive wasnt detected by the apps, i
blame it on gremlins.

m.
--
Markus Hammer                           hammer@kunstradio.at