Re: RfC on #261031: Add spatial browser option to nautilus prefs for Sarge

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:22:27PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:29:10PM +0300, AKL. Mantas Kriauciunas wrote:
> > I've tested nautilus from these packages and didn't find any problems -
> > nautilus works fine, people are happy, because they can choose preferable
> > behaviour (navigational or spatial), this preference is translated to
> > Lithuanian ;)
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
> > If user upgrades from woody, then IMHO default mode should be browser,
> > so user wouldn't scare of heavily changed UI and behaviour.
>
> Well, the upgrade from woody implies 1.4->2.6, and so many things have
> changed that I don't think we should hold back with new features just
> because they look different.
>
> Spatial browsing is a feature, not a bug. I think it's reasonable to
> have it configurable, but I strongly opt for leaving it on by default.

It is nice, but the only thing that i would consider buggy in it is that it
crowds your deskspace with thousands of windows if you navigate a bit.

I know that there seems to be a easy way to not get this behavior in spatial
mode, but it seems not intuitive to enable.

Friendly,

Sven Luther