Re: Could someone help fixing nautilus-media postinst?

> Hi Johannes,
>
> I've talked it over with Sebastien Bacher and Josselin Mouette about
> this inadequacy regarding the package and we've come to an agreement to
> use the update-alternatives facility.
>
> I have now patched nautilus-media and totem to use update-alternatives
> whenever possible. The following is a list of changes these patches
> make:
>
> * Both the totem and nautilus-media schema files now use /usr/bin/gnome-
>   video-thumbnailer as the command to use when creating thumbnails.
>
> * Totem has greater priority to nautilus-media when both are installed
>   on the machine automatically and as such the /usr/bin/gnome-video-
>   thumbnailer is symlinked to /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer.
>
> * Update-alternatives functionality has been implemented in
>   debian/postinst and debian/prerm with patches diffed against the
>   schema files available in debian/pacthes.
>
> I have sent the patches for totem to Sebastien about 2 days ago and the
> ones for nautilus-media have already been applied. I'm just awaiting
> some feedback on those patches.

I have made the patches available on my site for quicker viewing. Please
take a look at them and provide any feedback:

Totem: http://www.nishra.com/patches/totem_use_alternatives.patch

Nautilus-media: http://www.nishra.com/patches/nautilus-
media_use_alternatives.patch

--