Re: data loss when harddisk full

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 02:43:44PM +0200, Jan Hetges wrote:
> Hi
> when my disk was full gaim owerwrote .gaim/accounts.xml .gaim/blist.xml
> and i think prefs.xml also.
> also galeon "forgot" the saved passwords.
> i`m not shure what package is responsible for this, but i like to send a
> bug-report!

 That's not a problem of any package in concrete but of all them. And
 this will happen with any program trying to open (and writing to)
 a file with no free space available in hard disk. And not only for
 config files, but also for datafiles (though you usualy see that for
 config files, which are opened more frequently)

 Basically, the advice is don't running out of free space.

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org