Re: Unable to open terminal

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 22:47:48 -0700, Pete Shinners wrote:
> The only shell I do have is the 6 default shells I get with ctrl-alt-#.
> It sounds like there's something wrong at the system level,

Indeed, it sounds like you can't allocate new pseudo terminal devices
(/dev/pts/...) anymore. Are you running a 2.6.7 kernel perhaps? Those had
problematic pty-related changes which have been backed out in 2.6.8.

HTH,
Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but who wants to see Snow White and the Seven Samuri?