Re: Installation Report for Sarge

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Jérôme Warnier wrote:

> From: Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>
> Subject: Re: Installation Report for Sarge
>
> Le jeu 12/08/2004 à 03:30, Miles Bader a écrit :
> > Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
> > > 8. Add a starter for epiphany and evolution to the top panel and remove
> > > the starter for gnome-terminal (this was also suggested in a recent 3rd
> > > party usability study of GNOME)
> >
> > Why would you remove the terminal starter?  It's very useful.  We should
> > encourage people to become familiar with all aspects of their system --
> > and the command line is very empowering in debian.
> For most people no. They simply won't use it. But they will launch it
> once to see what it is...
> It is still immediately accessible from the desktop (right-click->Open terminal).

Only if you let nautilus take over the desktop, which I don't.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."