Re: Problems with "preferred applications" (browser setting)

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 05:30:21PM -0700, Ryan Lovett wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:33:17PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> Now it insists on opening Epiphany ('sensible-browser' works as it's
>> supposed to from the command line) and using
>> "preferense:///Advanced/Preferred Applications" doesn't seem to have any
>> effect (no matter what I change it to I get Epiphany).
>>
>> Anyone else with similar problems, or am I alone with this?
>
>This happened to me too and I believe I fixed it by going to
>gnome-file-type-properties and choosing Documents -> World Wide Web ->
>HTML page -> Default action -> Galeon. You can choose Custom and enter
>firefox.
>
>But like you I fiddled with a few things and I'm not positive this was
>the correct fix.

Hmm, indeed that does seem to change it. I had it set on "Web Browser"
then changed it to Mozilla and gnome-terminal happily started Mozilla
when right-clicking on a URL and choosing "Open Link". However, setting
it to Custom and setting it to "firefox" didn't work ("The default
action does not support this protocol."). I also tried with "firefox
%s", no luck!

I would argue it's a bug that setting it to "Web Browser" doesn't work
anymore!

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/