Re: Problems with "preferred applications" (browser setting)

Arjan Oosting wrote:

Op wo 11-08-2004, om 23:33 schreef Magnus Therning:
I am experiencing some strange behaviour with gnome-terminal and the
"Open Link" right-click-menu choice. A week ago it worked perfect (using
FireFox through 'sensible-browser').

A few days ago it started opening file://${HOME} instead of the URL as
soon as I had a browser window open already before.

Now it insists on opening Epiphany ('sensible-browser' works as it's
supposed to from the command line) and using
"preferense:///Advanced/Preferred Applications" doesn't seem to have any
effect (no matter what I change it to I get Epiphany).

Anyone else with similar problems, or am I alone with this?
I have the same problem. The problem started a couple of days ago, after i updated some packages but i don't know which one caused it.

Greeting Arjan
Try running `update-alternatives --config x-www-browser`
and select mozilla-firefox as the preferred browser...