Re: Installation Report for Sarge

Am Mit, den 11.08.2004 um 23:57 Uhr +0200 schrieb Sven Luther:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:37:19PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> > > Ah, but would it not be better to add it to the Application menu somewhere ?
> >
> > It's not an application, it's *nautilus*-cd-burner. It's beautifully
> > (IMHO) integrated into Nautilus.
>
> Whateverm it is an application. Joe random user wants to burn a CD, he goes to
> applications, and search for CD (or DVD) burner, and finds nothing. What would
> be wrong with a menu entry which opens a nautilus window in cd-burner mode ?
>
> > If you want a separate application, check out coaster (dunno if it's
> > avaiable for Debian already)
>
> Well, there is k3b too :)

i sincerly mark this bug as +3 obvious....

however its not as easy, would i ship a desktop environment to computer
illiterate users, i would not provide them with nautilus cd-burner by
default, rather go the k3b "i am familiar with windows cd burning
programms" tour.

nautilus cd-burner has its shortcomings - one of them is the fact that
starting it presents you with an unresponsive and not much feedback
giving stale pale and empty window. nautilus is a filemanager, and cd
burning support while nifty, does not merge well with its user
interface. there are apps yet in developments (see= coaster) that
provide us poor open source gnome desktop environment users with
something that a human may finally call a user friendly app to simplify
the tedious tasks of mkisofs and cdrecord kama-sutra.
lets just hope that they get up to speed, compared to k3b so that we can
finally have some nice interface for cd burning as well.